I’m doing Project 365 this year, which is a challenge to take a picture every single day for a full year. It’s a month in and I’m already starting to run out of ideas of what to take pictures of. Last week I was sitting in my kitchen trying to come up with something, but my mind kept wandering to dessert (this is not unusual). Then I realized: I should take a picture of dessert! Perfect.
This is my favorite go-to snack. I always have all the ingredients in my pantry and when I’m having a chocolate craving I can make a couple of these in 5 minutes, which is much faster (and healthier) than making up a batch of cookies or brownies. It’s not a mind-blowing dessert or anything, but when I posted this picture on flickr a lot of people commented saying how good it looked, so I decided I should share it with all my wonderful foodblog readers as well! Because maybe you guys have never thought to add peanut butter to s’mores? Seriously, peanut butter makes everything better.
I love chocolate graham crackers so that’s what I’ve been using lately, but I’ve made these a million times with regular graham crackers and they’re just as good. Sometimes I don’t even sandwich them, just eating a single cracker with toasted marshmallows on top. Sometimes I’ll mix it up and put chocolate chips and marshmallows together on one cracker. Have fun with them!
Double Chocolate Peanut Butter S’mores
Snack | Servings: 1
Prep time: 5 min | Cook time: 2 min | Total time: 7 min
- 2 chocolate or Honey graham crackers
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup Chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. Peanut Butter
- Turn the broiler in your oven on.
- Break graham cracker into two. Spread a thin layer of peanut butter over each piece.
- Top one side with marshmallows. Top the other side with chocolate chips (don’t go overboard with these because the melted chocolate gushes out when you smush the sides together, I usually do about 4-5 chips). Repeat with the rest of your graham crackers.
- Place on a foil lined baking sheet and put in the middle shelf of your oven. Stay by the oven and check every 30 seconds or so until the tops of the marshmallows are browned. Remove quickly and immediately smush the two sides of each cracker together.
Serve with a tall glass of milk!