Back to the Cutting Board
Chicken Pot Stickers
adapted from Weight Watchers Complete Cookbook 
Appetizer | Servings: 4
Prep time: 30 min | Cook time: 20 min | Total time: 50 min
- 2 tbsp. chili sauce (this is going to be with the soy sauce/teriyaki sauce, etc. if you’ve never bought it before)
- 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. Teriyaki Sauce (reduced sodium)
- 1 tsp. rice-wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1/2 lb. ground skinless chicken breast (if you can’t find skinless, that’s ok, but it won’t be as low in fat)
- 1/2 cup Napa cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 scallion, minced
- 2 tsp. soy sauce (reduced sodium)
- 1 tsp. cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tsp. water
- 1/4 tsp. mustard powder
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 20 (3 in. square) wonton skins
- 4 tsp. peanut oil
- 1 cup chicken broth (low sodium)
- 1 tsp. flour
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
- Combine chili sauce, cilantro, teriyaki sauce, vinegar, ginger and cayenne in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, cabbage, scallion, soy sauce, dissolved cornstarch, mustard and pepper.
- Make some room on your counter and get the wonton skins and a small bowl of water. Working with one wonton at a time, spoon 2 tsp. of the ground chicken mixture into the middle of the wonton. Using your fingertips, Moisten the edges of the wonton with water, then fold diagonally to form a triangle. Seal the edges carefully, pressing out any air. Repeat with remaining wontons and filling. Wonton skins will start to dry out, so keep them covered in plastic while you are working.
Note: You may need to do the next 3 steps in two or three batches (or multiple pans) depending on how big a pan you have, so remember to divide up your oil and broth accordingly.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high until it’s very hot but not smoking. Place the dumplings in a circle in the skillet. Reduce the heat slightly and cook 5-7 minutes or until the bottoms are golden.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the broth to a boil. Remove from heat and sprinkle in the flour; stir until dissolved. Pour the broth over the dumplings and cook, partially covered, until the liquid evaporates.
- Uncover and cook until the bottoms are crisp. Carefully loosen the dumplings with a spatula. Sprinkle with sesame seeds (if you want) and serve with the sauce on the side, for dipping.
Serving size: 5 pot stickers with 1 tbsp. sauce
Weight Watchers Points (Points Plus): 7