Back to the Cutting Board
Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie
from Back to the Cutting Board
Drink | Servings: 2 small glasses (a little over 1 cup each) or 1 extra large glass
Prep time: 5 min | Total time: 10 min
- 4 oz. (about 1/2 cup) sliced, frozen bananas
- 8 to 10 oz. (1 to 1 1/2 cups) sliced, frozen strawberries
- 3 oz. low fat cream cheese or Greek cream cheese 
- 1 tbsp. honey, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
Nutella Fudge Sauce (2 servings)
- 2 tbsp. nutella
- 2 tsp. chocolate syrup
- 2 to 3 tsp. low fat milk
- In a small bowl, stir together nutella and chocolate syrup. Add milk, a teaspoon at a time, until the mixture is a thinner, pourable sauce. Set aside.
- Add frozen fruit, cream cheese, honey and milk to a food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Add more milk if you want a thinner consistency.
- Pour into glasses and top with fudge sauce. Serve immediately.
Other Smoothie Variations
Strawberry-Pineapple Smoothie: Replace half of the strawberries with chopped, frozen pineapple. Good with or without the cream cheese.
Pineapple Coconut Green Smoothie: Replace strawberries with chopped, frozen pineapple. Omit cream cheese. Add 1/2 to 3/4 cup baby spinach. Replace milk with low-fat coconut milk. This smoothie is also good with mango, but a little goes a long way, so use 1/4 to 1/2 cup at most.
Feel free to use any kind of non-dairy milk. I like coconut milk.
Replace the strawberry with any other fruit or berry of your choice. Don’t replace the banana or the smoothie won’t have the correct, milk shake-like consistency. As long as you keep a 2:1 ratio of other fruit to banana, you won’t taste the banana.