Cheesecake Supreme with Oreo Cookie Crust
Dessert | Servings: 10″ cheesecake (10-12 servings)
Prep time: 20 min | Cook time: 3 hour 15 min | Total time: 4 hour 35 min
- 2-3 cups Oreo cookies with cream center removed, finely ground. I found this is almost a whole bag. How many cups you use depends on how thick you like your crust, but I think thicker is better with this crust.
- 5-6 tbsp. of butter
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 5 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- 2 egg yolks, room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/8 cup flour
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, room temperature
- Get out cream cheese, eggs and cream ahead of time and let come to room temperature. If your cream cheese is really cold this can take 6+ hours.
- Grind up cookies in a blender or food processor. Mix cookies, sugar, salt and butter in a bowl until combined and press into the bottom and about an inch or two up the sides of a 10″ springform pan (springform pan is key, make sure you have one). Place in refrigerator while you make the cheesecake.
- DO NOT PREHEAT YOUR OVEN. In a mixer bowl with the whisk attachment, whisk together cream cheese, eggs, egg yolks and vanilla. Mix on medium speed until smooth, about 3-5 minutes. (It’s okay if you still have some very small lumps.)
- Add in the sugar, flour and heavy cream and and mix on low speed until fully incorporated, about 1-2 minutes. Do not over-mix as this will create more air bubbles which can contribute to your cake cracking.
- Pour batter into your prepared, chilled crust. Gently tap the pan against your counter a few times to help get any possible air bubbles out of the batter.
- Place your cake in the oven and then turn it on to 400 degrees (F). Bake for 15 minutes. Turn the oven down to 200 degrees (F). Bake for 3 hours. Then turn the oven off, prop open the door slightly and let cool for 1 hour. Finally, cover the top with plastic wrap, place in your refrigerator and chill for a full 24 hours before removing the springform pan’s side and serving.