Maple Roasted Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
Dinner | Servings: 4
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 1 hour 15 min | Total time: 1 hour 35 min
- 1 (3 1/2 to 4 lb) whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces (I buy a pre-cut chicken because I hate butchering things)
- 1 yellow onion, cut into 1 inch wedges
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch wedges
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 4 tbsp. maple syrup
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme or 2 tsp. dried
- Heat oven to 400 degrees (F). Rinse the chicken and pat it dry. Arrange chicken, onion, and sweet potatoes in a 9-by-13 baking dish.
- Drizzle the oil over the chicken and vegetables and season wilt he salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
Drizzle with the maple syrup and top with thyme.
- Roast, stirring the vegetables once, until the chicken is cooked through, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.