Lasagna Rolls with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Dinner | Servings: 4
Prep time: 30 min | Cook time: 5 minutes | Total time: 35 min
- 8 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (8 oz.) package sliced mushrooms (I left these out)
- 1 (6 oz.) package fresh baby spinach
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 tbsp. fresh basil, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (7 oz.) bottle roasted red bell peppers, undrained
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain and gently rinse with cold water.
- While the noodles are cooking, prepare the sauce. Put all ingredients for the sauce in a blender and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion, mushrooms, spinach and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheeses, 2 tbsp. basil, salt and crushed red pepper.
- Place the cooked noodles on a flat surface and spread 1/4 cup of the cheese mixture on top of each noodle. Roll up each noodle and place seam side down in a shallow 2 quart microwave-safe dish. Pour 1/4 sauce over each roll.
- Cover dish with plastic wrap and microwave for 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tbsp. of basil.
Oven-Roasted Green Beans
Side Dish, Vegetable | Servings: 4
Prep time: 5 min | Cook time: 10 min | Total time: 15 min
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees (F). (Note: I think this is a bit too hot. I’ve been doing it it 450, but my oven might run hot.)
- In a large bowl, combine beans, olive oil, salt and pepper and toss well to coat.
- Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Remove from oven, add lemon juice to beans and toss. (Note: I’ve made these 4-5 times already and have forgotten to add the lemon EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I think when they come out of the oven my mind goes blank and all I can think is WANT TO EAT NOW. Anyway, these still taste absolutely wonderful without lemon if you don’t have any.)