Breakfast | Servings: 1 loaf
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 1 hour | Total time: 1 hour 15 min
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup sweetened applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Grease a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- In a mixer bowl cream the butter, gradually adding the sugar, until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
- Mix in half the dry mixture with the butter mixture. Then add in 1/2 cup of applesauce and combine. Repeat with remaining dry mixture and 1/2 cup of applesauce, mixing after each.
- Pour into pan. Bake for about 1 hour. It should be a nice golden brown and a toothpick will come out clean. Cool 10 minutes and remove from pan.
Wrap the loaf up in plastic or foil to keep it fresh.